The call for art invitation is open to artists working independently or in a collaborative group. Existing large sculptures pieces are preferred. Applications are due August 24, 2015.
A $25 fee per application can be paid through PayPal via PayPal account or credit/debit card. Artists can submit up to four pieces of art inone application. There is no limit to the number of applications submitted by an artist.
Sculptures must be:
- Within the guidelines of The Public Art Master Plan Community Standards.
- Appropriate for outdoor installation and must be constructed from materials able to withstand adverse weather;
- Able to be bolted to a cement pad;
- Take public safety into account / be able to withstand touching or other physical contact by the public;
- And low maintenance for the duration of the exhibition.
Interested artists must submit the following:
- All contact information including artist name, phone, email, address and web address.
- A professional resume with examples of other monumental work.
- Submit the title along with a short artist statement that includes their interpretation of their piece. Please provide dimensions, materials, year created, estimated value, footing requirements, bolt patterns and method of installation for each piece of work.
- Submit photographs of the work, JPG 72 dpi, 1000x1000 pixels or TIFF 300 dpi 4x8. Maximum of 4 photos per piece. Since works will be judged from unaltered photos, multiple angles are encouraged.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.